We were thrilled to have an abbreviated fall sports season and thankful for our successes and senior celebrations:
- Boys’ V Soccer team, the Defending NYS Champion, finished its COVID season 10-3-1. Two notable wins were over rival Marcellus and boasting a record of 3-1 over the Class A and AA's in 4 games. Best highlight would be the team’s ability to adapt, improvise and overcome the mental and physical obstacles imposed this fall in order to play! Their diligence and commitment to abiding by all the policies and precautions allowed us to have 14 games this fall while many other teams in the area had less than 8 or were shut down completely.
- Boys’ JV Soccer had 23 players this year. A great group of student-athletes working hard and committed to team success. They finished with a record of 5-1-1, including an outstanding 1-0 win over rival, Westhill.
- The Skaneateles Girls Varsity Tennis team finished their fall season with a perfect record. It was a very different season for the team with the late start, playing in masks, and cancellations due to Covid exposures but the team was thrilled to compete. The Lakers finished undefeated in their league by beating Jordan Eldbridge, Westhill, and Marcellus and CBA twice. The outstanding #1 doubles team of Emma Miller and Ella Danforth also remained undefeated with a 6-0 record. The starting lineup also included Kenna Ellis, Lily Miller, Isabella Soderberg, Sophia Soderberg, Alice Spaulding, Sofia Capozza, Maggie Newton, Kelsey Rutledge, Rachel Hackler and Kate Aberk. The Lakers also say good-bye to seniors Emma Miller, Kate Aberi, Kendall Tillotson, Maggie Newton, Julia Marshall, Anna Major, Graeycn Congel, and KC Clark.
- The Skaneateles Boys Cross Country team had a season that left them wondering what could have been had there been sectional and state championship races this year. In dual meets, the boys were 7-0, sweeping 6 opponents and surrendering just one point to their remaining foe. Competing at two mini-invitationals, the boys had one win and one second place finish (perennial state class A power Liverpool was the only team to outrun the Lakers this year). Seniors Caleb Bender, Matt Persampieri, Joe Norris, Josh Reed, and Will Swarts all had strong seasons.
- The Skaneateles Girls Cross Country team recently completed a successful short season. In spite of not being at full strength for any meet, the lady harriers finished the dual meet portion of the season 6-1. An early season loss to Marcellus was avenged when the two teams met again on Oct 31. The Lakers also competed in two mini-invitationals recording a fourth and second place finish. Senior Hope Cross-Jaya was the top runner this year.
- Girls’ V Soccer team showed consistent improvement (record 6-6) within a positive environment throughout the season this year. They finished the season with some exciting team performance against strong competition.
- Girls’ JV Soccer team had another great season even with multiple obstacles they had to circle around. Starting the year with a handful of normal swimmers and volleyball players, along with our yearly soccer players, made it for a very busy and successful preseason before getting into games. With two weeks left in the season, the team lost 6 players due to quarantine which left the team with 9 players. With all the loss, it didn't stop the group from moving forward to finish out the season! The girls finished with a 6-2 record and a much successful improvements throughout the season! The addition of the extra players this year made our team realize with hard work and trainings, any athlete can become a good soccer player!
- Boys’ V Golf finished 10-1 this season and won their league title. The team was led by senior, Tynan Jones. Tynan earned the OHSL Player of the Year award for the 3rd straight season, and also broke a 30 year old school record for the most consecutive rounds in the 30's. The Skaneateles Golf team was also heavily backed by OHSL 2nd Team All-League Players Tyson DiRubbo, Shawn Luce, and Drew Henderson.