district home page calendar schooltool facebook athletics report bullying   
Project 2021
About Us
Administration
Athletics
Board of Education
Buildings & Grounds
Business Office
Calendar
Career Opportunities
District Office
Food Services
School Tool Parent Portal Information
Superintendent


The Skaneateles Central School District is located approximately twenty-five (25) miles southwest of the City of Syracuse in Central New York.  The school district serves the educational needs of children living in six (6) townships:  Skaneateles, Marcellus, Niles, Owasco, Sennett, and Spafford.  The current enrollment is approximately 1400 students.  The district has four (4) school buildings:  Waterman Primary School (K-2), State Street Intermediate School (3-5), Skaneateles Middle School (6-8), and Skaneateles High School (9-12).
 
A major geographic feature of the district is Skaneateles Lake, which is approximately seventeen (17) miles in length and is one of the purest lakes in New York State and the United States.  The school district is located at the eastern edge of the Finger Lakes Region of New York State.  TheVillage of Skaneateles has numerous parks and other areas for recreation.  The Village has a Community Center which houses an indoor pool and indoor ice skating rink.  There is also a covered outdoor ice skating rink.
 
Major employers within the district are:  Welch-Allyn (1,100 employees), Skaneateles Central School District (302 employees), Chase Design (110 employees) and Pirro Ford (25 employees). Travel and tourism is a major contributor to the local economy.  Many residents work in the City of Syracuse or in neighboring suburbs.
 
The district has been nationally and state recognized for excellence.  Based on state and federal measures, the district is a high performing district with a low need resource capacity.  The district has a Combined Wealth Ratio of 1.3 and is deemed an affluent community which has a high capacity to support the financial needs of the district.  The operating budget is approximately $32,000,000.  Local taxes support approximately 75% of the district’s operating budget with the other 25% coming from state and federal funding.
 
The district’s average per pupil spending, both for general education students and for students with special needs, is well below the average for similar schools and for all schools in New YorkState.
 
The community is very supportive of the school district and has high expectations for the graduates.  The district has a very high graduation rate and a high completion rate, both averaging in the mid 90% range.  The vast majority of our graduates (the 2016 graduation rate was 96.4%), go on to higher education (two or four year colleges and universities).  Students perform exceedingly well on state assessments and the test results are among the highest in Central New York as well as in New York State.
Downloads

DISTRICT INFO

QUICKLINKS

SCHOOLS

SKANEATELES SCHOOL DISTRICT
Kenneth G. Slentz, Superintendent
45 East Elizabeth Street
Skaneateles, NY 13152
Phone: 315-291-2221


www.skanschools.org


Developed by CNYRIC