Water Main Construction Changes - State Street Intermediate School
As some of you may know, the Village is undergoing a water main construction project that is impacting the sidewalks in a number of areas. Yesterday, we were informed that, beginning this Monday, the sidewalks around the State Street School will be affected. Here is what parents need to know:
The sidewalks between Austin Park and State street will be closed beginning this Monday the 18th
Temporary sidewalks should be available around April 2nd, but we will keep you up to date.
· Students will not be allowed to walk to or from State Street to Austin Park for the remote pick up while the sidewalks are closed. During the construction, this group of students who normally walk to Austin Park, will need to be picked up in person at the school, by the back door beside the baseball diamond.
· Students who walk regularly, will need to use East Elizabeth Street to access the sidewalk by the District Office. There will be yellow barricades to direct students to the back entrance of the school. A crossing guard will be positioned on East Elizabeth Street by the District Office to help children cross the street.
· Dismissal for walkers will be from the recess doors between the gym and the cafeteria, and students will again be directed to the sidewalk by the District Office, to East Elizabeth Street.
Morning Car Drop Offs (Between 8:45-8:55 only)
· Cars can continue to use the north parking lot by the playground to drop students off at the Student Drop Off sign.
· Students will enter the school through the recess doors between the gym and cafeteria.
· A staff member will be present to greet students when they enter the building.
· Village Police Officers will be directing traffic out of the north parking lot.
· After 8:55, students dropped off will need to use the main entrance.
· Dismissal pickups will not be affected.
· Buses will not be affected during this phase of the construction.
· If you choose to have your child ride the bus during the construction phase, please contact the bus garage at 685-7953, and then let the school know by contacting Mrs. Litterbrant at 291-2261.
Please do not hesitate to contact my office at 291-2221, or Mrs. Crisafulli at the State Street School at 291-2261 if you have any further questions. The Village of Skaneateles is also available to answer questions about the project at 685-3440.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Lynda Quick, Superintendent of Schools