Arrival, Dismissal & Closing Procedures Arrival:
- Students are allowed in the building at 8:55 A.M.
- The doors will be closed at 9:05, as classes begin at that time.
- Your child is late after 9:05 AM.
- If a student is late, he/she needs to sign in at the Health Office and receive a pass.
- Parents do not escort their child to class.
- Bus dismissal 3:25 PM
- Pick-up in Cafeteria B 3:25 PM (Park on Cecil Arthur Rd.) Child must be picked up on time, at 3:25 PM.
- Walkers released 3:25 - 3:30 PM
- Any child being picked up at dismissal must be signed out in Cafeteria B at dismissal.
- If you are picking up your child, you will be entering Cafeteria B from Cecil Arthur Rd. using the sidewalk. (You won’t be entering the front of the building unless you are picking your child up early.) Please do not park in the bus lane in the front.
- Please remember that parking is available on Cecil Arthur Road to pick up your child in Cafeteria B.
- Pick up your State Street child first if you have children at both primary schools.
- All students are bused every day unless otherwise informed by the parent in writing on the day-of the changed arrangement.
- We do not release children to anyone except the parent/guardian unless we have a signed note by the parent/guardian.
- Walkers are released only to Sheppard’s Lot (red barn). Parents may send a signed note to have their child walk (and meet them at this location).
- Please do not send emails to the office or the teachers to make dismissal changes.
- For safety reasons, phone calls requesting alternative drop off locations will not be accepted. Students being picked up prior to dismissal should be signed out in the main office. The teacher will send the child to the office.
If inclement weather makes it necessary to close school, announcements will be made over Syracuse radio, TV stations, and School Messenger (snow days).
If there is an emergency closing during the day, students will be dismissed according to your instructions on the emergency closing form filled out at the beginning of each school year. If your plan changes during the year, please notify the office.
If your child is absent, please call the nurse’s office by 9:20 a.m.
On the day your child returns to school, he/she needs to bring a note stating the reason for the absence.
Other Things to Remember:
- Bus Notes – We do not keep bus notes from last year. Make sure to send a new bus note if you have alternate arrangements for dismissal other than busing home.
- Please make sure you send your child’s lunch, sneakers, books and bus note with your child. It is important that your child come to school prepared and ready to learn!
- If you do drop something off, please label your item with the teacher’s name.
Please keep in mind that instruction time runs up to the last minutes of the school day. Making changes creates confusion and stress for students. We cannot accommodate changes over the phone unless you can drop off a note. This affects the safety of your child. If you have a medical appointment, send a note with your child to school. Thank you.