Arrival, Dismissal & Closing Procedures
Patrick J. Brown, Principal
Belle H. Waterman Primary School
55 East Street, Skaneateles, NY 13152
Waterman School Daily Schedule
2020-2021 DAILY ARRIVAL and DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
- Parents must take their child’s temperature every morning before arrival to school. If temperature is at or above 100 degrees, your child must be kept home. When their temp is below 100 degrees and shows no symptoms of illness, your child may return to school.
8:55 to 9:15 a.m. The first day of School is Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
Parents dropping off in the morning starts at 8:55 a.m.:
- Please wait in the car until 8:55 until staff signals to release your child from the car. Please be patient, as each car will “advance” in line to the drop off spot in the parking lot.
- No Early drop-offs with students waiting in the vestibule before 8:55. (Parents and students must wait outside until they receive the signal to unload from the car.)
- Your child is late after 9:15 a.m. If you are bringing your child to school after 9:15, park and escort them into vestibule (entryway) and sign them in.
- If you are dropping off items for your child, leave them on the table in the vestibule (entryway). Make sure you have all items labeled with child’s name and classroom teacher.
AFTERNOON DISMISSAL – Please do not send emails to change any dismissal plans.
Dismissal begins at 2:55 p.m. until 3:25 p.m. Students are released from their classrooms and the bell rings for the students who will take the bus.
- Starting at 2:55 p.m., we will bring your child to you when we see your “sign” and car in the pickup spot (front parking lot).
- Parents show a sign with their child’s name through the windshield to a staff member.
- Parents must stay in the car and wait in the car line (front parking lot).
- The child is brought out and escorted to the car.
- It is crucial that you are on time and concrete with your plans for the day. We need to keep anxiety at a minimum for your child. We do not have supervision for your child after dismissal.
- Students will board buses at 3:25 p.m.
- Please do not change bus plans at the last minute.
- Transportation cannot accommodate play dates (adding multiple students to bus with your child). Designated seating for distancing is already set. There is no extra room for this.
- Assigned and distance seating is crucial this year to keep everyone safe. Students and bus drivers will be wearing masks, as well as all staff.
- It is important to be as consistent with dismissal plans as possible to avoid any anxiety or confusion for your child.
- Please do not change your plans at the last minute unless there is an emergency. Try not to change plans.
- If you need to make an emergency change, please call Waterman Office at (315) 291-2351 well before 2:45.
- Bus seating is “fixed” due to social distancing requirement. Keep bus changes to a minimum.
- If dismissal plans are changed on a certain day, send a signed note with your child to hand in to their teacher on the day-of. Please do not send it ahead of time or days-ahead. It will be difficult to keep track of future plans.
- Bus Transportation is (315) 291-2270.
- If you have to make changes with dismissal, please call Waterman School (315) 291-2351.