Arrival, Dismissal & Closing Procedures
Patrick J. Brown, Principal
Patrick J. Brown
Belle H. Waterman Primary School
55 East Street, Skaneateles, NY 13152
Dear Waterman Parent/Guardians,
The Skaneateles Central School District has decided that due to the safety, accountability and security of our children, we will be implementing the following revised dismissal procedures:
Waterman and State Street School will no longer release students as “walkers to the red barn” at dismissal time(s).
Waterman Parent/Guardians will have two options for their child’s dismissal:
Picking up siblings at State Street before Waterman: The pick up time for State Street students is promptly at 3:15 p.m. Waterman pick up is promptly at 3:25 p.m. (The State Street pick up location includes parking in the district office parking lot and walking to the back door by the baseball field entrance.)
- The first option is for your child to bus home (which is the default option).
- The second option is to send a signed noted with your child that you will be picking up at regular dismissal time, which is no later than 3:25 PM, at the present dismissal location. (Both time and location remain the same.) (Park on Cecil Arthur Road and follow the sidewalk to the right of the loading dock at the STEM Lab door).
The final date for students being released as “walkers to the red barn” will be Thursday, December 20, 2018, the last day before holiday break. This will allow you time to make alternate dismissal plans for your child.
The new procedure, which will be to bus your child or to pick up your child, will begin on Tuesday, January 2, 2019, when school resumes after holiday break. There will be no “walkers” at Waterman School due to this safety change.
All students who are being picked up from Waterman School will be ready and waiting for pick up at the side of the building (STEM Lab) at 3:25 PM.
If you need to make any changes, please send a note to school with any updates as soon as possible, including revised bus notes or blanket notes, etc.
This change is being implemented to protect the safety of our most precious gift, our children. If you have further questions, there will be an informational meeting with Patrick Brown and Michelle Crisafulli on Monday,
December 17, 2018, from 4:15 – 4:45 PM at Waterman School Library. Thank you for your attention to this safety matter.
Patrick J. Brown.
If inclement weather makes it necessary to close school, announcements will be made over Syracuse radio, TV stations, and School Messenger (snow days).
If there is an emergency closing during the day, students will be dismissed according to your instructions on the emergency closing form filled out at the beginning of each school year. If your plan changes during the year, please notify the office.
If your child is absent, please call the nurse’s office by 9:20 a.m.
On the day your child returns to school, he/she needs to bring a note stating the reason for the absence.
Other Things to Remember:
- Bus Notes – We do not keep bus notes from last year. Make sure to send a new bus note if you have alternate arrangements for dismissal other than busing home.
- Please make sure you send your child’s lunch, sneakers, books and bus note with your child. It is important that your child come to school prepared and ready to learn!
- If you do drop something off, please label your item with the teacher’s name.
Please keep in mind that instruction time runs up to the last minutes of the school day. Making changes creates confusion and stress for students. We cannot accommodate changes over the phone unless you can drop off a note. This affects the safety of your child. If you have a medical appointment, send a note with your child to school. Thank you.