Arrival, Dismissal & Closing Procedures
Patrick J. Brown, Principal
Belle H. Waterman Primary School
55 East Street, Skaneateles, NY 13152
Waterman School Daily Schedule
DAILY ARRIVAL and DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
8:55 to 9:10 a.m.
Parents dropping off in the morning starts at 8:55 a.m.:
- No Early drop-offs with students waiting in the vestibule before 8:55. (Parents and students must wait outside.)
- Your child is late after 9:10 a.m. If you are bringing your child to school after 9:10, park and escort them into vestibule (entryway) and sign them in.
- If you are dropping off items for your child, leave them on the table in the vestibule (entryway). Make sure you have all items labeled with child’s name and classroom teacher.
AFTERNOON DISMISSAL – Please do not send emails to change any dismissal plans.
Dismissal begins at 3:15 p.m. until 3:25 p.m. Students are released from their classrooms and the bell rings for the students who will take the bus.
- Starting at 3:15 p.m., we will bring your child to the front door for sign out/pickup.
- It is crucial that you are on time and concrete with your plans for the day. We need to keep anxiety at a minimum for your child. We do not have supervision for your child after dismissal.
- Students will board buses at 3:25 p.m.
- Please do not change bus plans at the last minute.
- UPK students do not participate in the transportation program at this time. Families must make arrangements for daily drop off and pick-up for any students attending UPK. Pick-up is at 3:15 for UPK students. Please be prompt as there is no supervision provided after pick-up.
- It is important to be as consistent with dismissal plans as possible to avoid any anxiety or confusion for your child.
- Please do not change your plans at the last minute unless there is an emergency. Try not to change plans.
- If you need to make an emergency change, please call Waterman Office at (315) 291-2351 well before 2:45.
- If dismissal plans are changed on a certain day, send a signed note with your child to hand in to their teacher on the day-of. Please do not send it ahead of time or days-ahead. It will be difficult to keep track of future plans.
- Bus Transportation is (315) 291-2270.
- If you have to make changes with dismissal, please call Liz Bille, Waterman School Secretary, at (315) 291-2351.