Welcome to the 4th Grade Page.
At the bottom of the page you will find summer homework pages
Below, you will find a number of links to files and Internet resources organized by subject.
In the 2012-13 school year, schools in New York State began implementing the Common Core State Standards. At Skaneateles CSD, the primary resource we use to teach these standards in grades K-5 is Investigations. Investigations is an elementary level mathematics curriculum developed by TERC and funded, in part, by the National Science Foundation (NSF). The Investigations curriculum represents the culmination of over 20 years of research and development aimed at improving the teaching and learning of elementary mathematics. The curriculum is designed to:
- Support students to make sense of mathematics and learn that they can be mathematical thinkers
- Focus on computational fluency with whole numbers as a major goal of the elementary grades
- Provide substantive work in important areas of mathematics - rational numbers, geometry, measurement, data, and early algebra - and connections among them
- Emphasize reasoning about mathematical ideas
- Communicate mathematics content and pedagogy to teachers
- Engage the range of learners in understanding mathematics.
For more information on how to support your child as they learn various strategies for addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, please visit the Computation Strategies page of our district's STEM homepage.